Monday, September 10, 2007

disconnection that works

Disconnecting gives me immense joy. You must be thinking I am a rude, arrogant, high-handed woman to say such a thing openly. After all, which cold hearted person does such a thing and admits to liking it.
I'll be honest. I can't think of a better way to stop negativity from destroying my system.
For those who are lost, I am not talking about disconnecting calls. I am talking about disconnecting from situations that are too hard to handle. It's not the coward's way out. I think disconnecting actually helps you evaluate and calm down. Some time out can actually help you plan your next course of action.
When I was younger , I found it difficult to cut myself from unpleasant situations. As a result, I found myself agitated, irritated and at times, even depressed. Over the years, I realised that cutting out is perhaps the best way to ensure you move ahead. It stops you from self doubt, agony and sometimes, even helps you arrive upon a sensible solution to your problems.
It seems like a difficult thing to do but it's quite easy. Just take a deep breath, exhale all those thoughts out of your system and simply don't let them enter your mind again. Just block them out. Stay away from the situation that disturbs you. Disconnect till you have had time to evaluate it and figure out a solution. It takes effort and it takes time. However, it is the best thing that you can do to be happy. Try it out when you feel like you are drowning. It's a life saver.